Monday, January 09, 2006

Poetry 101 - Confession


THEY’RE ALL LYING !

When they tell you that a paper-cut is the worst cut

Because they’ve never had to splice the two halves of a cut heart


THEY’RE ALL LYING!

When they tell you that it’s alright to cry

The face in the mirror is unfamiliar, eyes bloodshot, hair messy

A three day old stubble and a creased forehead

Was this the way I always looked ?

And what’s that incessant buzz in my head ?

Argh ! I squeeze my eyes shut…..gulp down….it just refuses to leave.



THEY’RE ALL LYING!

When they say she was not the one!

The smell of her hair is still fresh in my mind

A mix of perfume, shampoo, flowers and austerity

Her shoulder length thick black uncooperative hair,

That she kept pushing behind her ear

The scar just beneath those large black eyes,

From when she fell years ago


THEY’RE ALL LYING!

When they say that time will heal

Not days, not months but years have gone by

And I am still wounded and bloody

Look at me!

Can’t you see these gashes?

Can’t you see these tears?

My face streaked with war-paint

My face streaked with lines of salt


THEY’RE ALL LYING!

When they say I will be fine

I am a fallen soldier, a soldier of the side that lost

I am a recuperating patient, weak and unsteady

I will eventually walk again,

But I will never lose this limp.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home