Monday, October 31, 2005

To smoke or not to smoke ?

What is it about a song with explicit lyrics, mediocre vocals and simple chords that causes it to spread like wildfire amongst "mindfucked" students across the country, and since I write this from the US, now across the world. BC Sutta by Zeest, has something inexplicable that we can all relate to. I don't know what causes me to feel good, calm or relieved when I yell out a passionate BC or MC whenever excessive frustration or depression sets in. But it does...it feels good. It feels damn good. And its not even the language. I sent my turkish friend this song and he now listens to it 73 times everyday. He had me translate it and now sings the lyrics with the song. I don't know...maybe frustration, depression and having your brains fried....is just so common with students that no political border can keep them apart. Songs like these helps to allievate all tension, atleast momentarily and atleast for me, it brings a smile to my face. Especially the last chorus.....what can I say ? Damn...it feels good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home